- A booking site has revealed its strangest passenger demands in 2016
- One customer asked to sit in the cockpit because it was their birthday
- Another passenger asked for their plane meal be replaced with posh chocolates
It seems the phrase, ‘If you don’t ask, you don’t get’ has a lot to answer for.
When it comes to air travel, travellers have no shame when it comes to asking for added extras.
Booking agents have been sharing their funniest requests from customers and it seems they’ll go to any length to guarantee an out-of-this-world flight.
The travel site Lastminute.com has now revealed the top ten most bizarre demands they received over the course of 2016 (stock image)
The travel site Lastminute.com has now revealed the top ten most bizarre demands they received over the course of 2016.
From cockpit seat requests, to specifications about the appearance of the cabin crew, some of the queries are pretty surprising.
Some of them sound from the outset like jokes, though.
For example, one customer told a booking agent: ‘I’ll be travelling with a giant teddy bear. He won’t require a meal.’
When it comes to air travel, some travellers have no shame when it comes to asking for added extras (stock image)
And another guest wanted to let the airline know that ‘my boyfriend farts. A lot’.
Others seemed to expect first-class treatment without actually parting with first class cash.
One traveller revealed: ‘It’s our honeymoon, my missus needs treating like a queen guys.’
Likewise, the passenger who requested posh chocolates instead of the standard aeroplane meal.
Fabio Cannavale, CEO of Lastminute.com, said: ‘Holidays are a time for fun, so who wouldn’t want to add a cheeky request to try and make the trip even more memorable?
‘We wanted to celebrate our savvy customers by revealing the top ten requests and inspire other travellers to aim high when it comes to making the most out of every moment.’
TOP TEN WEIRD FLIGHT REQUESTS
1. ‘So we can use the rubber slide to get off the plane, right?’
2. ‘FYI, I’ll be travelling with a giant teddy bear. He won’t require a meal.’
3. ‘Can you make sure my air steward is hot. Super hot. :D’
4. ‘Is there any way I can sit backwards like the stewardesses? You see I get seasick so…’
5. ‘I need you to tell me who I’m next to – I hate sitting beside strangers. Thx.’
6. ‘Good evening. Can I sit next to the pilot during the flight please. It’s my birthday.’
7. ‘Just to warn you, my boyfriend farts. A lot.’
8. ‘I know it’s prickly but I can take a cactus in hand luggage? It’s a present.’
9. ‘It’s our honeymoon, my missus needs treating like a queen guys.’
10. ‘No meal. Just posh chocs (no coffee ones though, urgh).’
Courtesy: Daily Mail Online